Friday, April 10, 2009

Why?

Why do you look so haunted? Whats running through your mind. They say a picture paints a thousands words, but what are the words. What story exists in this picture. I know you prefer being behind the camera instead of on the other side. What secrets are you hiding from the lens? What are your eyes telling me? Is it resignation, is it acceptance of your fate? Is it reflections of everything you've done and been in your life.

Can you believe I can stare at this picture for hours and come up with a million and one possibilities and the only real thing I can settle on is how I feel about you.

Either way, I am glad I have this picture, as difficult as it was to obtain. Because life is unpredictable and we are not long for this world. One day it will end.

And on that day, my heart will break. Shatter. And while I'll be able to pick up the pieces and reconstruct it, it won't be the same. It won't be whole. You will be missing.

I am such a dork. And all the cliches fit.

My answer: because you are amazing. And wonderful, and amazing.

No comments: