Saturday, August 7, 2010

Once... and I'm starting to remember

There was a time not too long ago that I was actually pretty organized, although it didn't feel like it at the time. I had habits and routines and things that I did that made life pretty simple. A big thing I did was menu planning. I'd sit with my calendar, a pen and the week's grocery ad. I'd also have in the back of my mind a list of all the food I had in the house that needed used. And I would plot out what would be for dinner on which night. I would do this after filling in all activities into the calendar so I'd know on which days we needed a simple meal, and which days we could do a fancier meal. It all depended on timing. In this world of digital, I've started to go back to that, and again, I feel rusty, like I remember how to do this, but its been so long I don't know if I still can. But I know I can, just a little bit at a time. I'm using my google calender, that syncs with my Android. That way, I can see it no matter where I am. Just pull out the phone and there it is.


For awhile, I also made my bed as soon as I got up, or sometimes during the day. I'd also do a load of laundry every day, and while I was sorting the clothes, I would make another pile of clothes that were just too stained or torn to be worth washing. As soon as I had started a load of laundry, I would bag up the pile of clothes and put it by the door to take with me to the local thrift store. This system kept my house fairly livable.

But you know, I still hate cleaning!

2 comments:

le35 said...

Back to flylady?

That is where I am. I couldn't find my control journal when I moved in, so it only took me a year to make another one. It is helping.

Crisanja said...

I actually just remade one, using my droid. I went to the page on the website that goes through the step by step of doing the binder, then modded it for my phone, so I have a scene thats called control journal, and a sticky notes app for all the routines. and a timer, it worked for me last weekend, then I went out of town and I"m just overwhelmed again. But, just 15 minutes! It'll be ok. I really love my phone LOL.