Tuesday, November 25, 2008

My perfect Thanksgiving

I'm not one for a lot of pomp on holidays. Ideally, I'd cook, and family and friends would stop by for a bite and some conversation before moving on to their own homes.

And this year was perfect. Just me and my kids. I cooked a turkey breast roast and mashed potatoes. We had olives and sparkling cider. I put the roast in my lovely roaster pan, temp at 350 and rubbed olive oil and some seasoning on it. I then took a 3 hour nap and woke to the mouthwatering aroma of turkey. For being a breast roast, it was amazingly tender and moist. While the turkey finished roasting I whipped up some mashed potatoes, due to allergies in the household I couldn't use butter and milk in them. Instead I used half a can of chicken broth, and some Canola Harvest margarine. It turned out delicious!

We spent a relaxed day at home, had a few friends stop by that night to say hi, watched a few Christmas movies. It was a great day.

No comments: