Saturday, November 29, 2008

So cryptic

And, I'm still so cryptic in my poems, which barely graze the surface of the feelings behind them. I've been talented with words, able to shield and veil the truths in me. Leading those who get close away with a cryptic word, leading in circles until they give up. Veiling in half truths, or truths that aren't really mine. Playing word games, although, sometimes they're not games, they're just play, to get away from the more serious things.

Its 2:30 in the morning, and i couldn't sleep, because of the first line in the previous poem, and the truths that are in that poem, trying to figure out how to word it. And I did it again, I worded it in a way that leaves the reader guessing, even if they think they know whats behind it. I wonder if they really do. Because I left out a few things, or I used another word that could mean something else. Sometimes, those words just work with the rhythm of the words. Even if its not quite what I meant.

I have all these words wandering through my mind. Some stick out, and stick around for days, until I write them down. Some disappear, before I can even get a handle on them. Which is why I've taken to keeping the laptop on my nightstand. So that on nights like tonight, I can write it out. And then perhaps I can sleep.

No comments: