Friday, November 14, 2008

with heart

I've been trying to write from the heart. Its more difficult than I imagined. I realized something as I was reading through old poetry. They were smoke screens, an attempt to distract people from what was really happening in my head. And my heart. So I've been attempting to bring more of me into my work.

For one thing, I don't think I really know who I am, or what I am. I continually have things running through my head. I'm discovering new things about myself too. Like I'm strong, not physically, but mentally and emotionally. I'm smart, I like to think, to roll new ideas through my mind and look at them from every angle possible.

I love words. I love to write, and I think this blag will help me find who I am through writing. So, I guess that's what this blag will be, a journey of self discovery through writing and poetry. If you ask me, I'm not a poetry writer, but sometimes my words form themselves into poem patterns. The words just lilt along. One thing I've had a problem with is ending the poems, they seem to drift off. The last few lines seem to escape me. I wrote something yesterday, I don't think its finished, but I can't for the life of me write the finishing lines.

Maybe thats the point though, there will always be something left, nothing will be finished. Which is why we make progress, always reaching for that infinite goal. Succeeding, failing, moving forwards, stepping backwards. But always growing, changing, moving.

1 comment:

le35 said...

Write from the heart/Right from the heart. It's a double entendre! :) I think that the more you put your heart into it, more people want to read it