Saturday, December 20, 2008

A feast

A feast?

For two years I fought
I fought temptation
I fought desire
I fought the tug of my soul

For a year I ignored
I ignored feelings
Feelings that threatened
Threatened my peace

For a month I pretended
Pretended we could be friends
Friendship would be enough
But it couldn't be

For an hour I gave in
I gave into the temptation
I gave into the desire
I gave into my heart and soul

For a moment I had peace
Peace that was real
Real Peace of heart
Real Peace of soul

I ignored my mind
I tampered the fight
I forgot the reasons
It was you and me

And that was more than enough

1 comment:

le35 said...

I think that you should send this one to my mom. . . I loved the way you used the end word from the first line in each stanza over and over, but what if in the middle one you wrote,

For a month I pretended
Pretended we could be friends
Pretended friends was enough
Friends was not enough.

(All advice is free, you get what you pay for.) I think that you could get this one published if you wanted, and my mom might have some ideas. Anyway, good luck with this, you're awesome, and the poem is beautiful.