Saturday, December 6, 2008

Saturday-Fun day!

I got up this morning still feeling the crud hanging out in my nasal passages. But I decided that shouldn't take me away from the things I needed to do today. I needed to go to Moab. Its the closest place that has the stores that carry food that my son can eat. And I needed to stock up. So, I started getting ready. As I was making sure the kids all had shoes on, the bishopric of our ward rang my doorbell. All three had Santa hats on and they wished us a Merry Christmas and dropped off a bag of cookies.

We drove into Moab, and as we passed the theater I quickly glanced over. Twilight is playing! I text my friend and let her know and ask if she wants to meet me there for the one o'clock show. Affirmative, sweet. And my cousin agreed to watch the kids.

I'm wandering around city market, trying to find the things I need to get. The one major thing, I still couldn't find. Its xanthan or guar gum. But I did find a bunch of wheat free, gluten free baking mixes. So I bought a few bags of each, bread mix, brownie mix, chocolate chip cookie mix, cornbread mix. It was very exciting! Now I can make treats for him. It was a successful trip all in all.

When we got home, I did a crisis clean on my apartment. Being sick for a few days makes a buildup of messy. Now its comfortably tidy. At least until the kids start playing lol.

Its been a long day, but productive and I feel comfortably exhausted and ready to cuddle down with a book. I'm almost finished with the last book in the Riddle-Master trilogy. And then I'm going to start The Aviator. A book I've read a few times and still love.

No comments: