Monday, December 22, 2008

This was Christmas 2006

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

My Christmas Miracle
Current mood: thankful

My Christmas Miracle

On the "first" day of Christmas my secret friends gave to me, a gift to start twelve days of surprises and gifts on my front porch. We waited in eager anticipation every night for the knock on our door, to see what gift would be left on the porch. There was candy and small trinkets for the children, little cars, and gloves and socks. A nativity greeted us one night and every day there was a special Christmas story to read together. We learned of the true meaning of the season, giving, caring and selfless service.

Saturday morning, my middle son woke up screaming in the middle of the night saying his ear hurt. I took him in to the doctor's office that day and we got antibiotics for his ear infection and the dr. also handed me two $40 gift cards to the grocery store. When I checked my mail that day, there was an anonymous letter that contained a $100 gift card for the grocery store.

A couple days before Christmas we got a visit from Santa Claus. I still am not sure who it was but someone dressed up as Santa brought over gifts and food. Each of the boys got 2 toys, and a box full of brand new clothes. Each of us got a blanket and I got some fuzzy pink slippers. He also brought a complete turkey dinner, a twenty-one pound turkey, a box of stuffing, a bag of potatoes, and a can of yams. He even brought a roasting pan to bake the turkey in. He left what looked like a cookie tin, but when I went to pick it up, it felt very, very, very heavy. I opened it and saw it full of change, with a few dollar bills floating around. As I dumped it out, something got caught in the canister, and I looked to see a wad of $50s, $20s, etc. I counted out $400.

On Christmas Eve, someone knocked on my door, no one was there, but on my porch was a jar full of money. There was $28 in that jar, all in loose change. Christmas morning, my oldest woke up at 3AM, and wanted to eat the candy that was in his stocking. I put a movie on for him to fall asleep to, and told him we would open all the goodies in the morning. I slept well, and dreamed that there were tons of presents on my front porch. Christmas morning arrived and the kids and I enjoyed opening all the gifts. We had plans to go to my mom's house that day, so as soon as we were done opening the gifts, I went out to start my car. On the front seat of my car was a bag full of presents for all of us. I couldn't believe it, we had already had so many blessings, and they just kept pouring in. Christmas day was a wonderfully happy time spent with my entire family. We had turkey, prime rib roast, stuffing, potatoes, etc, etc.

I decided to use a bit of my cash to get the oil changed in my car. I drive a 1984 Mercedes-Benz 300DT and I waited two and a half hours at Wal-Mart for them to tell me that they didn't carry the oil filter for my car. I was so frustrated and anxious; I had the 2 year old and the baby with me. But they told me that if I went and got the oil filter and came back, they would give me a free oil change, and they also handed me a $25 gift card. So I did get my oil changed and received even more blessings.

Malachi 3:10

10 ….cprove me now herewith, saith the LORD of hosts, if I will not dopen you the ewindows of heaven, and pour you out a fblessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it.

1 comment:

le35 said...

I'm so glad that so many people love you and your family!