Friday, October 17, 2008

Whats more meaningful?

Usually when a person describes their most memorable relationship, they say the person taught them how to love. I think most humans have the ability to love ingrained in their DNA, we are compassionate people, we notice when our friends need something, we listen, we care. That's easy enough.

But what about a person who teaches someone how to BE loved. How to accept that they are worthy of the same care they so easily bestow on another person. I think that lesson is more important than the other.

How many of us actually learn it though? And do we realize what we're missing even? I'm not sure.

This was inspired in part by a conversation I was having with a friend the other night. Also in part by a movie I had watched recently. I found the line "you taught me how to love" kind of cheesy. Because I think that's a fairly easy lesson to learn.

No comments: